Mold is one of the most serious problems facing home and business owners. Its growth is greatly accelerated by the presence of moisture, especially through the introduction of a water source such as a flood or plumbing leak.
The key to taking care of a mold problem is acting fast. Don’t wait to take care of the problem later – act immediately. Mold can spread through an entire property in as little as 72 hours, turning a minor problem into a major one in no time at all.
The best way to tackle mold in your home or business is by calling the professionals. A professional mold remediation company will be able to remove mold and remediate your property as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our company offers such services in Carlsbad for very competitive prices.
There is no denying you already know what mold is. But most people don’t have much of an understanding beyond the basics.
Mold spores exist almost everywhere. They are found in both outdoor and indoor environments of all climates. With this in mind, it’s impossible to remove 100 percent of the mold from your home or business.
This is the reason why it’s important to go with a company that advertises mold restoration instead of mold removal. Claiming to “remove” mold is a fallacy that is likely backed by a less than stellar service. Companies, like ours, that advertise mold remediation often have a better understanding of what mold is and how to keep it to a minimum within a property.
So how does mold get inside of your home or business in the first place? For starters, mold spores are microscopic. You can be as clean as you want to be yet these spores are still lurking in your home. They float in the air, entering your property through open windows and doors. They can even hitch rides on your clothing or on your pets.
Mold spores multiply when there is ample moisture present. More moisture equals more mold. When exposed to larger quantities of water, these mold spores quickly grow into entire colonies. This is when you begin to have a problem.
Mold remediation is nothing without water removal. If you clean up mold without fixing the water source, it will be back before you know it. In other words, you can’t start mold remediation until you address water and moisture first.
Dangers of Mold
Mold can cause a number of health problems, especially in children and the elderly. It’s important to consider these health issues when assessing your home’s mold problem.
The most common health problems mold causes include nasal stuffiness, coughing and wheezing, throat irritation, skin irritation, and eye irritation. Those with serious mold allergies will experience these symptoms more severely. Shortness of breath is also common.
Interestingly enough, mold doesn’t affect everyone. Some people don’t experience any short-term symptoms when mold is present. Yet that doesn’t mean it’s not affecting your health. Studies show that mold can lead to immune disturbances, fatigue, and even depression. These are symptoms that many people don’t link directly to mold.
Of course, mold causes other problems besides those related to health. It can easily damage household items such as clothing or furniture. When left to its own devices, it can also cause serious structural damage to your home.
Mold Removal vs. Mold Remediation
Like we mentioned above, it’s important to look for a company that advertises mold remediation and not mold removal. Due to the fact that mold is present everywhere, it’s impossible to actually remove. Claiming to do so is a fallacy.
A qualified mold remediation company understands the facts about mold. They understand the science behind mold growth and this allows them to more effectively tailor their services.
Mold remediation focuses on getting mold back to normal levels. It focuses on removing as much mold as possible, eliminating sources of excess moisture and water, and giving infected areas a thorough cleaning. Our company also gives you expert advice on how you can prevent an outbreak of mold in the future.
Mold Remediation Process
Though the specifics of mold remediation vary depending on the particular scenario, the basics generally remain the same. The steps that we tend to follow include:
- Emergency Contact – Our experienced team responds to your call as soon as possible. We visit your property for a mold inspection.
- Mold Inspection and Assessment – After arriving at your property, our team conducts a thorough inspection. We look for both visible and hidden traces of mold. We pay particular attention to areas where water or excess moisture are present. We have a variety of specialized technologies that allow us to detect both mold and water that is hidden from sight.
- Mold Containment – It’s important to stop the spread of mold as soon as possible. We use a variety of containment procedures to eliminate the mold’s spread throughout your home. These include negative air chambers as well as physical barriers. The goal is to prevent mold from spreading during cleanup.
- Air Filtration – Our team will set up advanced filtration equipment to remove mold spores from the air. This equipment cleans the air, further helping prevent the spread of mold during the cleaning process.
- Removing Mold – We then use a number of special treatments to remove mold from your home. These treatments include antifungal and antimicrobial cleaners that not only remove mold but prevent new colonies from forming. We will also remove any mold-infested materials or objects from your home. Often this includes drywall, carpeting, and cabinets.
- Cleaning Belongings – Our company can help you clean your belongings. It’s essential not to bring any objects back into your house that could aid the spread of mold. We have the equipment to help you clean and sanitize furniture, décor, clothing, and more. The techniques we use also remove odors and deodorize these objects.
- Mold Restoration – Perhaps the most important part of our mold remediation service is the actual restoration. As a professional general contractor, this includes replacing damaged floors, drywall, cabinets, and more. The levels of repair needed due to mold damage range from minor to major.
Dealing with mold in your home or business is never easy. That’s why we strive to take as much pressure off you as possible, completing mold remediation quickly and efficiently.
Call us today for more information about mold remediation in Carlsbad, California.